14 November 2005

Nikki Reeks: Boris: New York: Nightlife


Boris sends us this dispatch from NYC:
"After I'd reconfirmed that fun downtown nightlife on the weekends is a sad joke, I spent the remainder of my Friday thru Sunday wandering Midtown and the Upper East and found plenty of of the action I was looking for. The nights consisted of (minus my more sordid activities): a delicious dinner at the horribly 80's Shun Lee Palace (across from which there is some sort of terrorist sleeper cell--I witnessed all sorts of strange goings on during a cigarette break), doing shots with the bartender and ladies and gents of the night at the bar at Fizz, Observing the strange Euro mating behavior in the back room at Frederick's, then ending up 10 sheets to the wind for an unnecessary nightcap at Bar & Books. On Sunday evening, with my body feeling terribly bruised and battered, I took a nap and continued on. My mission on Sunday night was to see what I thought of the new Nikki Beach in midtown. As Nikki Beach has expanded relatively successfully from its Miami origin to St. Tropez, Marbella, and I believe Sardinia, I thought an outpost in La Gran Manzana could be a good thing. How wrong I was! While the white bed/tiki bar decor is very similar to their other locales and they do have an intriguing booze skybox upstairs, the crowd is terrible. What crowd there was looked like a pool of Midwestern vomit--horrible cheap clothing, strange haircuts that all looked like toupees, and these sunken Lenny eyes. Anyway, whoever Nikki is he has no reason to be proud of this baby. I departed after one drink (decent pour) and resigned myself to Green Label on the rocks at B&B where the crew still smokes, drink like fish, and white Russians are everywhere (professionals not the bevis, don't insult me). Not a weekend for the weak in the stomach or liver--remember I'm invincible."

Boris Loves You

+Nikki Beach.
+Music: London Chill Out: Beatles Regrooved [itunes]
+Shun Lee Palace, 155 E 55th St, New York, +1 212 371 8844.
+Lexington Bar and Books, 1020 Lexington Ave, New York, +1 212 717 3902.
+Related W4: Fizz and Cips.
+Related W4: PR Girls Report: Our Cocktail of the Week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home