10 April 2006

115 Meters Below: Tunnel of Love: Eurostar


PAGODA, our French-Canadian sherpa reports on some action going on down below the Chunnel:

"Unbeknownst to Eurostar, they have facilitated the start of a brand new, totally racy and very exclusive club that only exists for 20 minutes every 2 hours. During this window of opportunity, couples are lined up trying to get access to the facilities. While sitting in between the cars riding between London and Paris I came across a few newly anointed members and they seemed very pleased with their decision to join. This club does not advertise, it does not discriminate and it does not exist anywhere else in the world.

I had a regular club seat for my weekend trip to Paris but was trapped on a late afternoon conference call so I figured I would be courteous and sit between the cars so as not to disturb the other passengers. As we approached the Chunnel, I disconnected from the call but figured I would just wait the 20 minutes in between the cars before we emerged in France and I could reconnect.

Almost immediately after the conductor announced that we were entering the Chunnel, a short queue formed outside the toilets. I couldn’t help but watch with intense curiosity as couples filed into the toilet like Noah’s arc – two-by-two. First a boy and a girl, then two girls, then again another boy and girl. As an admission of my own innocence, I was stunned and confused. Then it dawned on me. These were mile-highers searching for new and exciting ways to express their love for each other. I had discovered the 115 Meters Below Club. Sadly I had no one with whom I could complete the membership qualifications and by the time the third couple came out we were racing across France. Perhaps on my next trip in late April.

So, the word is out but don’t tell too many people as this truly is an exclusive and unique experience – capacity is limited (approximately 6 toilets per train X 3 couples per trip X 2 people per membership = 36 new members per crossing)."

+Eurostar, 18 frisky departures a day between London and Paris.
+Previous W4: Trains: Underwater Champagning Serving Trains.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home